|Thursday, October 11, 2012|
Parade Highlights Homecoming Events on Campus
Whether or not you have tickets to the Monarchs' football game against Villanova on Saturday afternoon, members of the campus community can catch the Homecoming spirit by attending any number of Homecoming events over the next few days.
The popular Homecoming Parade is set for 11 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 13, on Monarch Way. Student organizations, bands, businesses and civic groups will come together for this annual tradition. The parade will start on Powhatan Avenue, turn east onto 49th Street, south onto Hampton Boulevard and west onto 43rd Street, ending on Powhatan Avenue. The two southbound lanes of Hampton Boulevard will be reserved for the parade route.
Other scheduled Homecoming events include:
THURSDAY, OCT. 11
• National Panhellenic Council Step Show, 7 p.m., Ted Constant Convocation Center. $
FRIDAY, OCT. 12
• Sailapalooza, 2-7 p.m., Sailing Center at Whitehurst Beach. ODU sailors and coaches will offer free sailing lessons and rides as part of an effort to introduce more people to the sport. Donations will be accepted on behalf of Operation Smile.
• Guided tour of the exhibition "Photographs with Teeth," 2 p.m., Baron and Ellin Gordon Art Galleries. A discussion will be led by Fred Bayersdorfer, arts assistant to the dean of the College of Arts and Letters, and Greta Pratt, assistant professor of art, who is one of the photographers whose work is being exhibited.
• Greek Gathering reception, 5-7 p.m., Webb Center. To register: www.odualumni.org. $
• Field hockey, ODU vs. Maryland, 5 p.m., Powhatan Sports Complex
• Homecoming concert, 2Chainz & Meek Mill, 8 p.m., Constant Center. $
SATURDAY, OCT. 13
• Hall of Fame luncheon, 12:30 p.m., Constant Center. 3-3359. $
• Fireworks after the football game, 7 p.m., Kaufman Mall/Webb Center
SUNDAY, OCT. 14
• Accounting Department 5K, 1 p.m., ODU campus. Register at email@example.com or 567-1930. $
• Field hockey, ODU vs. Duke, 1 p.m., Powhatan Sports Complex
For more information about ODU's 2012 Homecoming, visit orgs.odu.edu/homecoming/Events.html.